Exhibition catalogs and announcements
Client: École Nationale Supérieure d’Art de Nancy
Location: Nancy, France
Design of material for the student exhibition “Hôtel des Beaux-arts,” 2001.
- catalog: box set (13 x 13 x 2 cm [5 1/8 x 5 1/8 x 3/4 in.], covered in wallpaper and silk-screened) of five booklets, 16 pages each, offset, black and spot color
- posters 60 x 40 cm [23 5/8 x 15 3/4 in.], 1 color silk-screened on 5 different wallpapers
- invitations 21 x 15 cm [5 7/8 x 8 1/4], 1 color silk-screened on 5 different wallpapers
Designed in collaboration with students and professors
The different patterns of cheap wallpaper chosen for this design are similar to those found in hotels like the one where this event took place (the Hôtel des Beaux-arts in Nancy).
Invitations, posters and catalog cases were silk screen printed on wallpaper.
Design of material for the student exhibition “Promotion Artem,” 2002.
- catalog 12 x 18 cm [4 3/4 x 7 in.], 174 pages. Interior: black, printed in offset on recycled flyers. Cover: 2 colors silk-screened on recycled banners. Contains a CD-Rom
- poster 60 x 40 cm [23 5/8 x 15 3/4 in.], 2 colors silk-screened on recycled banners
- invitation 21 x 15 cm [5 7/8 x 8 1/4], 2 colors silk-screened on recycled banners
Designed in collaboration with Virginie Worms, students, and professors
This event took place in a Cora supermarket. For the posters and invitation cards, the supermarket’s advertising banners were silk-screened with a translucent white block and fluorescent orange text.
Test-run sheets printed on one side only were saved at the printing press, in order to be printed on the other side with the pages of the exhibition catalog. These sheets were folded over and bound so that only a hint of the colored flyer peeks through the black and white pages of the catalog.